While running a business or workspace, you need to keep it clean and organized in order to be as productive as possible. Secondly, do not forget to provide your employees with Commercial Cleaning Services in Washington, DC to ensure a comfortable and germ-free work environment, which will help motivate and encourage them. Additionally, to maintenance a clean and tidy workplace, hire a professional team and schedule regular office cleanings. Make sure to follow all the rules for cleaning while planning your office cleaning schedule. This checklist for top-notch office cleaning includes information on all the areas of the office that are often overlooked.
Best Practices for Desks and Cubicles
Keeping in mind the following rules, desks, cubicles, shared work tables, and other areas where people sit and work together can be kept clean:
- Clean computer screens and remove dust from keyboards.
- Recycle paper and empty trash.
- Vacuum the floor around and under the desks and tables.
- Clean office windows.
- Sanitize high-touch surfaces, such as phones, lights, keyboards, fax machines, copiers, and staplers.
- Remove dust from desks, shelves, and other surfaces.
Tips for Commercial Cleaning for Office Kitchens and Break Rooms
Break rooms and kitchens are the most frequently used areas in the office by employees. Here are some tips and tricks by commercial cleaning services in Northern Virginia that can ensure the cleanliness of these rooms:
- Dispose of old food in the refrigerators. Disinfecting surfaces in the refrigerator is very important to keep it free from bacteria.
- Clean the coffee pot and replace old coffee grounds.
- Clean and disinfect areas where people eat and prepare food (e.g., tables and counters).
- Dispose of food wrappers, unwanted food, and expired perishables.
- Keep clean utensils and dishware separate.
- Recycle trash every day.
- Clean toaster and microwave appliances.
- Check the water cooler and ensure that all necessary items are available for workers.
Checklist For Cleaning Office Reception and Waiting Areas
The reception area is the place where guests are welcomed by the company. Commercial cleaning in Northern Virginia helps your business make an excellent first impression on guests who visit your company. In order to do so, implement these tips:
- Keep windows, company signs, and other items that guests see clean.
- Disinfect areas like lamps, phones, call buttons, bells, TV screens, and all other appliances that people touch.
- Clean and organize the front desk.
- Empty trash and recycling bins.
- Replenish water cups at the water cooler, and make sure the water cooler is filled with water for guests.
- Organize books or magazines that are kept for visitors to read.
- Clean the coffee machine and other food item machines in the lobby.
- Clean the carpet in your office’s waiting and common room areas once every 3 to 4 months.
Best Practices for Cleaning Office Bathrooms
All bathrooms need regular cleaning and disinfecting. Commercial cleaning services in Washington DC work professionally to keep bathrooms clean, tidy, and germ-free.
- Clean all hard surfaces, and discard used paper towels and other trash.
- Disinfect all hard surfaces.
- Replace empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls with new rolls.
- Clean mirrors with glass cleaners.
- Disinfect and clean the toilets and sinks.
- Sweep the floor of debris, and then mop it with disinfectant.
- Make sure all the hand dryers are working properly. Have a repair specialist fix any appliances that are out of order.
Cleaning Tips for Outdoor Office Area
If your office contains an exterior, make sure to clean it first. The appearance of the office is the key for long-lasting positive impressions. To keep the outside of the office clean, follow these instructions:
- Empty outdoor trash cans to avoid any bad odor or pests.
- Ensure welcome mats are cleaned and in the right place.
- Regularly sweep leaves, branches, and other debris on the sidewalk or near the front door.
- Hire the best professional cleaning team to perform these tasks.
It’s necessary to have all of the equipment that your employees need to do their jobs well in your office. It’s also imperative to make sure your work environment stays organized, clean, and comfortable. The checklists provided above will help you maintain a clean and germ-free workplace.
Consider hiring commercial cleaning services in Northern Virginia, a professional cleaning team that provides the services your business needs to keep all the areas of your office in excellent condition!