Running an office is never easy. Your job as the business owner or manager is much more than interacting with and handling clients. It’s also crucial to ensure your facility is presentable to clients. The cleaner the office, the better impression you make.
Keeping your office clean needs an eagle eye on every corner. Office desks, cubicles, break rooms, kitchens, reception, waiting areas, bathrooms, and the area outside your office must be properly cleaned.
Here are some checklists, tips, and best practices for commercial cleaning in Washington DC and safety that you can follow to keep your facility clean:
Tips for Cleaning Desks and Tables Area
Desks and tables are where your employees sit and work, so they should be cleaned properly. To keep these areas clean, ensure that you take the following steps:
- Dust and clean computer screens, keyboards, and other working equipment.
- Carefully vacuum the floor area, including the areas underneath desks and chairs.
- Dust shelves, chairs, and other surfaces.
- Ensure that you have disinfected all surfaces that people touch and use, such as lamps, keyboards, copiers, staplers, phones, machines.
Tips for Cleaning Break Rooms and Kitchen
The kitchen and office area get quite dirty as they get used most of the day. These tips will help you clean your kitchen and break room area:
- Keep clean dishware and utensils separate from dirty ones.
- Wash, clean, and dry dishes and put them in a clean place.
- Ensure to regularly take out old food from the refrigerator, throw it away, and disinfect all surfaces to keep it hygienic.
- Empty kitchen trash and recycling.
- Empty your kitchen from all unwanted food, wrappers, and expired food.
- Clean and disinfect the shelves, tables, and counters where people prepare food.
- Clean and disinfect the stove, microwave, toaster, and other appliances to keep them hygienic.
- Make sure that the water cooler and the cups people drink from are properly washed and cleaned.
Tips for Cleaning Waiting and Reception Areas
First impressions matter!
Waiting and reception areas are the first places that outsiders visit when they enter your office, so this is where they develop a first impression about your organization.
To keep these areas cleaned, ensure to follow these tips:
- Make sure the reception desk is properly cleaned and well-organized.
- Organize the magazines and books that you keep for visitors.
- Empty recycle bins and trash.
- Keep the hard surfaces like waiting room tables, chairs, desks, and others dusted and cleaned.
- Always keep the water cooler filled with water for the guests and replenish water cups as needed.
- Ensure to clean out the coffee machine.
- Clean windows, company signs, and other relevant elements that your visitors see first.
- Clean the common area and waiting room carpet regularly.
- Disinfect all the surfaces like phones, lamps, call buttons, TV screens, bells, and others that people touch when they visit you.
Tips for Cleaning Bathrooms
After kitchens, the bathroom area is the most commonly used. It should be nicely cleaned and disinfected to keep your employees and visitors protected from any health concerns.
To keep the bathroom area cleaned, make sure that you:
- Clean and disinfect the sinks and toilet area.
- Disinfect hard surfaces and empty the trash and recycle bin.
- Sweep and mop the floor with disinfectant to remove debris.
- Replace the empty paper towel rolls and toilet paper rolls.
- Make sure the dryers are working properly.
- Use glass cleaner to clean the mirror.
Tips for Cleaning the Area Outside the Office
Cleaning the area outside of your office is also important, as it represents how well-managed your organization is and are how serious you are about representing yourself positively.
To clean the outside area:
- Clean off the welcome mats and make sure they are free from dirt.
- Sweep off the branches, leaves, and debris from the sidewalk and near the front door.
- Empty the trash cans to prevent them from leaving any pests and smells.
- Make your windows and glass doors shiny by cleaning off all the dirt and streaks.
- Trim the bushes and branches.
- Make your parking lot free from any hazards like snow piles and branches.
Additional Assistance: Cleaning your office likely takes more time than you think. However, it is a must to do, as it creates a healthy work environment and gives current and potential clients a positive impression of your company. If you want to save time, the best thing to do is to hire a professional commercial cleaning company in Washington DC for the job. Many companies, including Colonial Commercial Cleaning, provide services to thoroughly clean and sanitize your facility. Ready to get your office in top shape? Colonial Commercial Cleaning provides you best commercial cleaning in DC. Contact us today!